Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Rock Star

Okay, I need to give you a little backstory before you'll understand the photos. When one of my coworkers helps me fix/figure out something I like to say, "You Rock" or "You're a Rock Star" as a way of saying thanks. A couple of weeks ago Lana helped fix something and I told her that she was a Rock Star. Several days later I assisted her with a problem and she said, "You Rock. I'd tell you that you were a Rock Star, but we can't have two of those. You can be a Polka Star

So, I got a bright idea. I had some inflatable guitars and microphones left over from a ward activity last year. So I brought them to work. After Lana had left for the day I got to work.

No, I'm not pretending to be Pinocchio while telling a lie. I'm actually inflating a rockin' pink Guitar. It's an air guitar. Get it???


Blowing these up was hysterical. The microphone was so small that it only took three breaths but the valve was having issues. Then my boss started making comments about the "unusual noise" coming from my cube. That got me to laughing and just exasperated the whole problem.

I made a sign to go on Lana's cube entrance. I wanted it to look like a sign that would be on the dressing room door of a "star". I think it worked.


Her guitar and microphone are waiting on her chair for her arrival tomorrow morning. She gets in around 6:20am. I wish I could see her face, but not bad enough to get to work that early.

Project 365 - January 28th

1 comment:

mCat said...

I think I just fell in love with you even more! Freakin awesome! I am so excited to be in the office tomorrow and see it all!!
Well played EG, Well played.