Saturday, January 10, 2009

Project 365 - January 2nd

My good friend from high school, Kathy, made me a pillow for Christmas. Well, she actually started to make me a pillow but she had an unfortunate sewing machine incident. It died. So, when we exchanged gifts on the 26th, I got a very cute pillow front, some strips of fabric for borders and a nice square for the back.

Now, just so you know, Kathy did not expect me to finish it myself, but she did want to use my machine to do it. She and the kids came into the big city (no, I don't actually live in a big city but it's way bigger than their little rural town) to hang with Sprout and I for the day. Kathy and I promptly took off to do a little post-Christmas find deals at Wally World shopping. We did score some cool Martha Stewart gift packaging that, if I remember, I will use next Christmas. After a nice lunch out, we returned to my home where Kathy completed the pillow.

Isn't it cute?

1 comment:

Martha H. said...

I just have to say that I am so proud of you. Look at you go with your blog. You even posted a lovely winter pic for the header. So proud.