Friday, January 9, 2009

Wedding Photos

Yesterday, when I was working on my post about Historical Wedding Traditions I was searching for photos to hlep illustrate the topic. Amazingly, I had no success finging a photo of 2 guys hauling off an unwilling woman in 200AD. Go figure.

However, I did encounter some photos I'd like to share with you.

I really hope that this dude is the father of the bride and not the groom.

I thought this was pretty funny, and quite artistic. (Again reminding me of Seven Brides for Seven Brothers and the seven dads with their shotguns at the ceremony.)

Apparently she forgot to triple check her todo list before putting on her dress.

If I ever marry again, and said spouse is a bulldozer driver ('cause a dude that's all dirty and sweaty all the time is my dream spouse) this is how we'll arrive at the chapel for the nuptials. I think the bows really add to the specialness of the occassion.

When my Sprout says her vows I'm gonna spring for a trip to Lagoon so that the wedding party can ride the old wooden roller coaster together. So what if she doesn't like roller coasters, it's a great photo opportunity don't ya think?

Actually, now that I look at the picture a little more closely I think I know that dude. Oh my heck, that must have been from his first marriage. He is a wooden roller coaster enthusiast. He spends all his vacation time traveling around the country visiting theme parks with wooden roller coasters. I didn't realize that he's really out shopping for a new bride that likes the coasters too.

A couple of my work BFF's (The Queen of Sexual Harassment and The Giggler) and I were discussing throwing a bridal shower for our coworker who will be marrying in a few months. We were trying to come up with ideas for unique gifts and their possible packaging. It's over, I have F O U N D it. The perfect gift and, no special packaging required - it would only take away from it's perfectness.



I have a feeling it will be difficult to purchase one, even if we do go to the Blue Boutique. But, I think if we start now we can actually make one ourselves. I'm pretty sure The Product Pimp will help us with this project as well. What do you think? We could even mix it up a little with striped, glow-in-the-dark, ribbed and even ones that have their names printed on them.

3 comments:

Martha H. said...

Awe-some! That dress would look so good on her. ha ha ha You are cracking me up. Does the SH Queen know you are back to blogging? If not, you should tell her.

mCat said...

I don't think, I KNOW, I peed a little!

dubb and dawni said...

ohhhhh Man love the Dress Karen..too funny !! Dawnelle