Friday, December 12, 2008

Christmas Quizicle



I saw this on Martie and Melis' blogs, thought I'd play along.

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper. I don't know what it is, but I really enjoy wrapping presents and putting ribbons and bows on them. Yes, I'm weird.

2. Real tree or artificial? I have an artifical tree and a stongly scented candle. I don't like the hassle and clean up involved with a real tree.

3. When do you put up the tree? When I get around to it. It's the 12th and um, my tree isn't up yet. I hope to get it up tomorrow. Several years ago it went up about 3 days before Christmas. I was feeling kinda Scroogey that year.

4. When do you take the tree down? Within the first few days of January. See, when you put your tree up a little later you're not in a big hurry to tear the sucker down. There's a method to my madness ya know.

5. Do you like eggnog? Yummo! You know what's REALLY good? Eggnog flavored shakes from Arctic Circle. Woot!!

6. Favorite gift received as a child? Barbies. Don't be a hater, Barbie rocked my world for a while.

7. Do you have a Nativity scene? Only one? I haven't counted recently but it's probably around 30 in various shapes, styles and sizes.

8. Hardest person to buy for? Hunter, my daughters boyfriend.

9. Easiest person to buy for? Mom and Bob. The annual Hale Center Theatre tickets work out quite nicely.

10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I can't think of anything off the top of my head.

11. Mail or e-mail Christmas cards? Mail, hand-made. Yes, I'm crazy!

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? The Best Christmas Pageant Ever.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Um, you're supposed to start shopping early? Wow, I bet that would be less hectic? Hmm, something to think about for next year.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Only as a White Elephant gift. That's acceptable isn't it?

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Pecan Bars. My brother, Gary, calls them Devil bars because they're sinfully good.

16 Clear lights or colored on the tree? Neither. My tree is all gold lights. I heart my gold lights. I had to go to three Shopkos just to get enough strands.

17. Favorite Christmas song? Little Drummer Boy/Peace on Earth by Bing Crosby and David Bowie.

18 Travel at Christmas or stay home? The furthest I travel is Grantsville on Christmas eve. Other than that it's HOME for the holidays.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donder, Blitzen {and Rudolph?}

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Angel

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? We exchange gifts with the Toones on Christmas Eve and of course we do the traditional Christmas PJ's also. Everything else is Christmas morning.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? That my favorite radio stations starts playing Christmas music on November 1st. Hello! Doesn't anyone enjoy Thanksgiving anymore?

23. Favorite Christmas tradition? Having Mom and Bob over for brunch on Christmas morning.

24. Up early or sleeping in? Sleep in, sort of. I have a brunch to prepare.

25. Who hands out the gifts? Sprout.

26. Does Santa wrap your gifts? Nope. He's way to busy for wrapping paper.

27. Do you tell the Christmas story? Yes.

28. Do you leave cookies for Santa? We used to, but Sprout's too old for that now.

1 comment:

mCat said...

Barbies! I'm only a hater cause I had to do with the Grand Central knock-off's. No real barbies for the trailer park girl!