Saturday, September 13, 2008

Card Candy

This is another swap I created for VC Rocks. The "candy" is adhered to a 5.5" x 8.5" sheet of transperancy film. They're adhered with glue dots. My mistake? I used major sticky glue dots so once I stuck them down there was no moving them. (hee hee) Lesson learned!



These were lots of fun to make but they were a bit of work as well. I ran out of supplies so I couldn't even make a set to keep. I plan on recreating them though, 'cause I love the way they turned out.


I used lots of different punches, and stamps and lots of dimensionals. The item in the bottom center has 1/16" holes punched into each scallop. The scallop in the top right corner has notches cut out of each scallop. The leaves were cut freehand. I first folded a strip of paper in half and ran it through the crimper diagonally. Then cut the leaf shapes and inked them to emphasize the "texture".


Recipe:

Stamps: Paisley background, Stitched background, Always, Boho Backgrounds, Little Flowers, One of a Kind

Papers: Regal Rose, So Saffron, Certainly Celery, Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla

Punches: Five Petal, Scallop Circle, Large & Small tag, lots of circles (I can't remember the exact sizes)

1 comment:

Amy said...

Hi Karen! I just wanted to let you know that TBSP and tbsp are the same thing...tablespoon! Sorry about that!

Hugs,
Amy