Friday, September 12, 2008

Bookmarks

This summer I joined a Stampin' Up! Yahoo group called "VC Rocks". They are a very crazy and CHATTY group of Stampin' Up! lovin' women. Part of the fun with this group was participating in swaps. Since this was my first year, I decided to be restrained and only joined two swaps. I also participated in the Virtual Hotel and made a new friend named Cheryl who lives in Virginia.


I created these bookmarks for one of my swaps. I stamped the So Swirly wheel in Tempting Turquoise on the Tempting Turquoise cardstock. I then stamped it again in Craft white, offsetting the image a little bit. This technique is called faux dry embossing. You'll have to wait a while for the craft ink to try. I then stamped the flower from Baroque Motifs into Versamark and then into Basic Gray and then sprinkled with clear embossing powder and heat set the powder. The Tempting Turquoise ribbon is threaded throughthe hole and then a piece of Basic Gray taffeta ribbon was tied around it to secure it to the bookmark.

Recipe:
Stamps: So Swirly Jumbo Wheel, Baroque Motifs (flower)
Papers: Tempting Turquoise, Basic Gray
Ink: Tempting Turquoise, White Craft, Basic Gray, Versamark
Other: Tempting Turquoise 1/4" inch grosgrain ribbon, Basic Gray taffeta ribbon, 1/4" hole punch, clear embossing powder

No comments: