Friday, November 14, 2008

What Does That Mean?

So, my friend Marty and I were discussing the fact that we weren't exactly sure what the name of the new James Bond movie means. Quantum of Solace??? So, I asked my good friend Merriam Webster for a little assistance.

quan•tum
Pronunciation:
\kwän-təm\
Function: noun
1 a: QUANTITY , AMOUNT b: PORTION , PART c: gross quantity : BULK

solace
Function: noun
1 : alleviation of grief or anxiety 2 : a source of relief or consolation

So, according to Mirriam (we're tight) Quantum of Solace could mean -
Portion of Relief
Quantity of Consolation
Amount of Anxiety Relief

Since I haven't seen the movie, yet, I'm thinking that James is going to exact revenge on some bad dude as a way to have a portion of his grief alleviated. I know that I personally enjoy when I can exact some revenge. Mine usually occurs in my day dreams though because I don't have a way cool car or "mad skills" like my other BFF, James.

YIAM (Yes, I Amuse Myself)

1 comment:

Martha H. said...

Be still my beating heart! You actually made an entry in your blog. Has the world stopped spinning? Did I miss something? ha ha ha Just giving you crap. Keep up the entries so I have something to read when I'm bored at work.